NEW MEMBER AUDITIONS - 1 MARCH 2024
Stage One Youth Theatre
2. Contact Information
Stage One Youth Theatre is a registered Charity - 1202098
If you have any questions regarding how we use your personal data, please
contact us at:
Address: 79 Lonsdale Avenue, Cosham, Portsmouth PO6 2PU
3. How we collect your personal data
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This
could include you sending us your details online, over the phone, on a form or in person.
We collect information in a number of ways:
· When you use our website, or to request more information about what we do.
· When you contact us by phone or email to enrol.
· When you enrol yourself or your child you are required to fill out a paper
form with enrolment information on it.
· You may provide us with information to be used in connection with a show
· If you are a member of staff, we will be required to obtain various information, including DBS disclosure, to be able to enter into a contract with you
The type of personal data we collect:
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the service you’ve requested and/or to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this may limit the level of personalisation we can offer e.g. – for example, you may not get to hear about an event or sessions.
In some circumstances we will request your consent to use certain information for specified purposes. In such circumstances you will have the free choice to give, refuse or withdraw consent. In the case of personal data relating to a child under the age of 16, we will require the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Individuals aged 16 or over may give, refuse or withdraw consent (whether the consent was originally given by themselves or on their behalf) themselves.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you contact us to enquire about a service, to enrol, become a member of staff, attend an event, by post, phone, email or website we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
· Your name
· Your child’s name
· Your email address
· Your child’s date of birth
· Contact phone number(s)
· Your child’s medical information
· Your child’s school
Information available publicly:
We may include information already published in articles/ or newspapers or on freely accessible social media platforms.
Why we collect your personal data and how we use it
The information we hold on you will be used to provide a service you have requested and inform you of events or updates. We will contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information.
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
Members / Participants – To carry out our business and to provide a service or fulfil a contract with you:
· To fulfil enrolment registration and information requests
· Medical details are obtained to enable us to fully support you or your child’s welfare in setting.
· Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
· Contact you with important information relating to your registration, such as confirming your request, reminding you of an upcoming event or letting you know about changes to the service.
· To pass on to relevant information to third parties regarding performances (please see more details below)
Mailing List – Where we have your consent:
· Send you updates via email about upcoming events and opportunities that we think may be of interest to you.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
· Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
· Use anonymous collective data, such as postcodes, to help us with grant applications.
· Use your pseudonymised details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or through other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use
· Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant, and effective.
· Undertake user research: we may contact you to ask you to participate in user research either via an online or telephone survey or in person. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, we will inform you how any further information will be used.
· Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our website and our other products.
4. How we process your personal data
We will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
We may share your details with:
· Service providers who work on behalf of Stage One Youth Theatre for any contract we enter into with them or you.
· Staff Members (who are given emergency contacts for all the students in case of a problem).
· Payment processing.
· Website hosting or email delivery service.
· Cloud services (we use Dropbox and to share information between trustees of the charity and for our members and Staff.)
· To grant giving bodies, who sometimes require collective data, such as how many students live in a certain town, or of a certain age. No names are ever provided, unless you have given prior consent to be a case study, in which case we will contact you in advance with specific details and requests.
· Local Authority or County Council in which a child lives when required for the purposes of child performance licensing; details include full name, address, date of birth, medical conditions, headshot photograph, copy of birth certificate and their school.
· Appropriate authorities (e.g. police, law enforcement agencies, safeguarding agencies) where we have a legal obligation to do so, such as:
– If a young person under 18 reports or alleges abuse
– If a Staff Member has reasonable cause to believe a young person is
suffering or likely to suffer significant harm
– If the life of the young person or another is at risk
– If information is revealed about criminal activity
– If a young person could cause harm to themselves or others
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
5. Keeping your personal data secure
Stage One Youth Theatre is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use.
· Completed enrolment forms where someone is no longer attending (12 months)
· Enquiries (24 months)
· CV’s (18 months)
· Enrolment forms where someone is still attending will be kept as long as they are a participant.
· Child Performance Licence personal data where someone is still attending will be kept as long as they are a participant.
All employees and representatives of Stage One Youth Theatre must only access and use data that is relevant to and necessary to the performance of their job function. The destruction of all material containing personal details will be carefully completed when the data is no longer needed.
Stage One Youth Theatre trustees will ensure they provide relevant GDPR training to all staff.
All employees/volunteers are responsible for ensuring that:
· They are familiar with this policy and relevant documents and adhere to data protection principles.
· Any personal data which they hold is kept securely.
· Personal and sensitive information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or otherwise to any unauthorised third party unless there are safeguarding or legal reasons for this to be done.
· Customer information may only be accessed for business purposes and not for personal use.
6. Your Rights
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
If you would like to see what information we hold, you can request full details under The General Data Protection Regulation. Please email a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to firstname.lastname@example.org
At any time, you have the right to ask Stage One Youth Theatre to amend or stop how it uses your personal information including for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing or writing using our contact details above. If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
When dealing with a request from a child relating to any of the above rights, we will need to make a decision on whether the information should be provided to them or to their parents/legal guardian and will be guided by the individual’s age at the time of request and their level of understanding about what they are requesting and why. For these purposes, we take the view that most children will reach this level of understanding at around age 16.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The
Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
By email: Please complete the form at https://ico.org.uk/global/contactus/email/
By phone: 0303 123 1113
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Stage One Youth Theatre
Website Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: 7th June 2023
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") govern your use of the Stage One Youth Theatre website (the "Website"), which includes the members portal, prop and costume rental services, donation page, and any other features, content, or services offered by Stage One Youth Theatre (collectively, the "Services"). By accessing or using the Website or Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the Website or Services.
1.1. Stage One Youth Theatre is a registered charity in the United Kingdom, with registration number 1202098. The Website is operated by Stage One Youth Theatre ("we," "us," or "our").
1.2. These Terms apply to all users of the Website, including members, donors, and visitors.
1.3. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under 13, you may only use the Website with the consent and supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
2.1. Membership registration is required to access certain features of the Website, including the members portal. By registering as a member, you agree to provide accurate and complete information.
2.2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your membership account and password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised access to or use of your account.
2.3. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your membership account at any time without notice, for any reason, including violation of these Terms.
2.4. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
Prop and Costume Rental
3.1. The Website may offer prop and costume rental services. By renting props and costumes, you agree to comply with any rental terms and conditions specified on the Website.
3.2. You are responsible for the proper use, care, and return of rented props and costumes. Any damages or loss may result in additional charges.
3.3. Late returns may be subject to additional charges.
3.4. Rental fees must be paid in full before the rental period begins.
Donations and Gift Aid
4.1. The Website provides a platform for making donations to Stage One Youth Theatre. By making a donation, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and authorise the use of your donation for the purposes specified by Stage One Youth Theatre.
4.2. If you are a UK taxpayer, you may be eligible to claim Gift Aid on your donation. By confirming your eligibility and providing the necessary information, you authorise Stage One Youth Theatre to claim Gift Aid on your behalf.
4.3. All donations are voluntary and non-refundable.
Cookies and Privacy
6.1. The content and materials on the Website, including text, images, logos, videos, and audio, are owned by or licensed to Stage One Youth Theatre. You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, or create derivative works without our prior written consent.
Disclaimer of Warranties
7.1. The Website and Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We make no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the Website or Services, including but not limited to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability for any purpose.
Limitation of Liability
8.1. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Stage One Youth Theatre and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website or Services.
9.1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Website or Services, or these Terms, at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be effective upon posting of the revised Terms on the Website. Your continued use of the Website or Services after the posting of any changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
10.1. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
11.1. If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms, please contact us the ‘Contact Us’ Page of this website.
12.1. Third-Party Sales: The Website may facilitate the sale of tickets to events organised by Stage One Youth Theatre through a third-party service provider. The terms and conditions of the third-party service provider apply to the ticket sales, and the Charity is not responsible for any issues arising from the ticket purchase process or the events themselves.
By using the Stage One Youth Theatre website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
Stage One Youth Theatre
Effective date: 7th June 2023
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device (computer, smartphone, or tablet) when you visit a website. They are widely used to enhance the user experience, personalize content, and gather website usage information.
Types of Cookies Used
Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the Website and enable basic features such as page navigation, access to secure areas, and authentication. These cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information.
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.